Bipolar hip prosthesis hemiarthroplasty
the metal ball of the hemiarthroplasty prosthesis can glide against the cartilage without damaging the …
The Thompson hemiarthroplasty is a popular hip prosthesis
1. Yau WP, Chiu KY. Critical radiological analysis after Austin Moore hemiarthroplasty. Injury 2004; 35:1020-4.
2. Wachtl SW, Jacob RP, Gautier E. Ten-year patient and prosthesis survival after unipolar hip hemiarthroplasty in female patients over 70 years old. J Arthoplasty 2003; 18:587-91.
3. Clayer M, Brucknr J. The outcome of Austin-Moore hemiarthroplasty for fracture of the femoral neck. Am J Orthop 1997; 26:681-4.
4. Bittar ES, Petty W(1982) Girdlestone arthroplasty for infected total hip arthroplasty. Clin Orthop 170: 83-87.
5. Muller RT, Schlegel KF, Konermann H (1989) Long-term results of Girdlestone hip. Arch Orthop Trauma Surg 108;359-362.
6. Lenoble E, Goutallier D (1995) Replacement of infected total hip prosthesis in two stages. Int Orthop 19,151-156.
7. Witschger PM, Siegrist H. Totalprothese nach Girdlestone. Orthopäde. 1989;18 : 489-492.
8. G.R. Girdle stone; Acute pyogenic hip: an operation giving free access and effective drainage; CORR (2008) 466, 258-263
9. Oheim R. Surgical therapy of hip-joint empyema. Is the Girdlestone arthroplasty still up to date? International Orthopaedics [Int Orthop] 2012 May; Vol. 36 (5), pp. 927-33.
10. Pankaj A, Malhotra R, Bhan S. Conversion of failed hemiarthroplasty to totalhip arthroplasty: A short to mid-term follow-up study. Indian J Orthop [serial online] 2008
11. Pradeep Bhosale, Ashish Suryawanshi, and Amber Mittal ;Totalhip arthroplasty in failed aseptic Austin more prosthesis. Indian J Orthop. 2012 May-Jun; 46(3): 297–303.
12. Markus E. Rittmeister. Lilian Manthei. Nils P. Hailer ; Prosthetic replacement in secondary Girdlestone arthroplasty has an unpredictable outcome International Orthopaedics (SICOT) (2005) 29: 145–148.
Shoulder hemiarthroplasty, also called partial shoulder replacement, is a surgical procedure during which the upper bone in the arm (humerus) is replaced with a prosthetic metal implant, and the other half of the shoulder joint (glenoid or socket) is left intact.
Thompson hemiarthroplasty hip prosthesis explanation free
If the articular cartilage of the hip socket is in good condition, the metal ball of the hemiarthroplasty prosthesis can glide against the cartilage without damaging the surface.
Your caregiver will help coordinate your ride home, prepare your home for your arrival, make sure you have needed supplies, and schedule follow-up appointments with your surgeon, doctor, and physical therapist.
What happens during the operation?
Before we review the procedure, let's look at the prosthesis that is inserted into your hip during surgery.
As described earlier, the hemiarthroplasty prosthesis replaces the femoral head.
Hip Hemiarthroplasty | Houston Methodist
Hemiarthroplasty (unipolar or bipolar) of the hip is a commonly performed procedure in elderly patients with intracapsular displaced fractures of the neck of femur with good short-term results with regard to pain relief, return to activity, morbidity and mortality [1,2,3]. An improperly implanted bipolar prosthesis creates more problems with one of the options being a Girdlestone arthroplasty. Though good relief is achievable in some cases from Girdle stone arthroplasty, in most cases the results are not satisfactory [4,5,6]. With the following treatment option we report this case of re implantation with total hip arthroplasty in Girdlestone hip.
When the hip is fractured, the socket portion (the acetabulum) is usually not injured. If the articular cartilage of the hip socket is in good condition, the metal ball of the hemiarthroplasty prosthesis can glide against the cartilage without damaging the surface. This procedure is easier to do than replacing both the ball and the socket, and it allows patients to begin moving right away after surgery. Early movement helps prevent dangerous complications that come from being immobilized in bed.
Hemiarthroplasty of the Hip | Thrombosis | Hip
Shoulder Prosthesis: Shoulder Replacement or Shoulder ..
Hip replacement - Wikipedia
When is a shoulder prosthesis ..
Hip hemiarthroplasty - What is a Hip hemiarthroplasty
| Information about Orthopaedic Surgery for the Orthopaedic Patient
Hemiarthroplasty of the hip - YouTube
Unipolar or Bipolar Hemiarthroplasty in the Treatment …
As described earlier, the hemiarthroplasty prosthesis replaces the femoral head. The prosthesis is composed of a metal stem that fits into the hollow marrow space of the thighbone (the femur). It also has a metal ball that fits into the socket of the hip joint (the acetabulum).
A bipolar prosthesis has an additional ..
Patients who have hemiarthroplasty surgery will sometimes have episodes of pain, but when you have a period that lasts longer than a couple of weeks you should consult your doctor. During the examination, the orthopedic surgeon will try to determine why you are feeling pain. X-rays may be taken of your hip to compare with the ones taken earlier to see whether the prosthesis shows any evidence of loosening.
Basics of Failed Shoulder Surgery | UW Orthopaedics …
1. Which was the most commonly used hip hemiarthroplasty prosthesis (name/manufacturer/cemented or uncemented)?
Austin-Moore by Stryker
"I have always been impressed by the quick turnaround and your thoroughness. Easily the most professional essay writing service on the web."
"Your assistance and the first class service is much appreciated. My essay reads so well and without your help I'm sure I would have been marked down again on grammar and syntax."
"Thanks again for your excellent work with my assignments. No doubts you're true experts at what you do and very approachable."
"Very professional, cheap and friendly service. Thanks for writing two important essays for me, I wouldn't have written it myself because of the tight deadline."
"Thanks for your cautious eye, attention to detail and overall superb service. Thanks to you, now I am confident that I can submit my term paper on time."
"Thank you for the GREAT work you have done. Just wanted to tell that I'm very happy with my essay and will get back with more assignments soon."