Dissertation—Drawing and Painting in the Middle School: ..
abstract painters, consciously or unconsciously, are bringing nature back into the picture...
THESIS: Second Skin Painting Architecture – Bridge
- artist who has shown in 10:10.
- born 1962: lawyer turned performance artist and art lecturer, known for his and works that probe the issues of electronic communication.
- biography of the artist who usesinstallations of pipes in his works that discuss communication.
- and other installation work at .
- on interpersonal transactions with technology.
- together with Singapore architects Liu Thai Ker and Tay Kheng Soon, participates in .
- participates in Canberra National Sculpture Forum.
- Project Home at the Substation in 2003.
- abstract of Project Home at the Substation in 2003.
- born 1969: website: trained as a graphic designer, well-traveled Singapore watercolorist has showed extensively in Europe, he lives in Paris, France.
- NAFA alumni, BFA RMIT 2003, practising since 1997, resident artist of Sentosa Village, showed across the Singapore art circuit and in Zhejiang Museum China, and is included in the collections of the Singapore Art Museum, prize winner at UOB Painting of the Year, one of the stable of artists of Ode to Art.
MazlanBin Anuar - mixed media artist.
- an abstract painter with Master in Fine Art(RMIT) and BA(2nd Class Upper Hons)from University of HULL (UK) who is deeply engaged in Asian mythology ref lective of Humanistic psychology and Perennial philosophy research studies, member of APAD, solo show at Utterly Art in 2005.
Melanie Tan - relates how humans have beenencroaching on the territory of animals in her works.
-RMIT graduate in Fine Art whose 2002 works embody spirituality with water, and showed at .
Melvin Chee - a member of Phunk Studio.
- born 1975: BSc (Physics) Brown 1996: one of the scientists who collaborated with the artists with the initial Alpha web-walk-about project, one of the scientist-artists.
- outsider self-taught professional artist, employs biblical references in his abstract works, holds first solo show titled at Un-titled Gallery in 2005.
- YAA 2005, a video installation artist who has worked with William Phuan and TanChee Tat; a Masters graduate in Mass Communications from NTU; a curator; curated; the Acting Deputy Head of Nanyang Academy of Fine Arts Visual Arts Department in 2003, participated in , and in at the SAM in 2004.
- one of the sculptors at the 1976 National Museum workshop,1 of 6 artists of the drawing group Finelines, andone of the artists of group 90.
- interdisciplinary artist who explores architecture and visual communication in his works, and who works with digital video and is a media arts lecturer at LaSalle College of the Arts in 2004.
- who with her husband, Paul Koh, installed for the inaugural show of Space 21.
Michelle Lim, aka Ling Yun - exhibited at Nokia Singapore Art, also a curator, she has researched on the theory of Negative Space.
- born 1973: RMIT Masters, one of the artists who showed at 2003, printmaker and showed at R, and showed at, NAFA fine art lecturer, 2005 Philip Morris Singapore Art Awards Juror's Choice.
- a Japanese artist who studied at Goldsmith College, and who co-founded theSingapore-based cyber Danger Museum with Singaporean artist, Woon Tien Wei; she has also shown with the Artists Village at Substation Singapore.
- born 1951 Serbia and Montenegro: website: MFA Institute of Fine Arts, a Yugoslavian artist who is a lecturer at Singapore's La Salle College of the Arts, and whose large paintings are noted for its mature colors and well-composed subjects of abstraction, wife is Delia and daughter Ana.
- website: painter with MA in painting, fashion designer from Yugoslavia, art historian, she teaches Fine Art at Orita Sinclair, Art and Art History at Chatsworth International School and also drawing to enthusiasts.
Min Chen - origami-influenced sculptor.
- Singaporean London Slade School of Art graduate, known for his visual works related to Chinese Opera, British Library Pearson Creative Research Fellow 2004, visual, performance, digital multi-media art, and film and video installation, works in the UK, interested in explorations of sound, the English language, and the different ways language can be communicated or mis-communicated.
- participates at .
Miyuki Chida - printmaker and member of the Printmaker Society.
Mohamed Abdul Kadir (S Mohdir) - born 1936: one of the founding members of the Angkatan Pelukis Aneka Daya (APAD).
Mohamed Elfie - LaSalle trained ceramist.
MohamedFadzel bin Abdul Karim - majored in Drawing at the Victoria College of the Arts,Australia.
- Malay artist who crates interesting works such as Prison Within, a drawing of man enclosed in a cage, and is President of Angkatan Pelukis Aneka Daya in 2003.
- widely-exhibited Malaysian sculptor-painter resident in Singapore who uses wood in his works.
- a formerchampion silat wrestler, traditional Malay Medicine man, and an artist with a .
- Malaysian sculptor who has a few significant public commissions in Singapore.
Mohd Amin Bin Mohd Yasin - Malay artist who renders oil and acrylic works.
- trained at La Salle and showed at
- aerosal artist, urban disciplinarian, and member of Operation Art Core.
Mumtaz Maricar - artist who participates in the 9th BA show with herBollywood MTV style video show named
In the recent attack on the Queensland Art Gallery (QAG), many of the public hastily judged the abstract art exhibition by stating ‘Abstract art is not really art’.
EasyBib: Free Bibliography Generator - MLA, APA, …
And since anatomically modern man originated in Africa, it is there that abstract art probably made its first appearance - a conclusion which appears to be corroborated by recent discoveries in South Africa, at Blombos Cave and Diepkloof rock shelter.
Heng Swee Kiang - known forFloat-Hung, an installation with bamboo strips, nylon string, and rice paperthat explores the internal space of a capsular bed that is similar to that of acoffin.
Heng Who Kiat - participated in Artists' Book Project 2004.
Heng Yew Seng - 2005 Curriculum Planning Officer at the Ministry of Education,1996 BA (Hons) Goldsmiths College, showed at the 2004 show, studio p-4B.
Herni Yanti binte Abdul Karim - Monash University Masters of Visual Arts graduate artist, recipient of 2004 NAC Overseas Bursary.
Hew Soon Hun, Ann - Goldsmith College graduate and National Instituteof Education graduate artist who participated in 7xi.
- artist who creates a whimsical exhibition at Utterly Art,who has completed an advance course in Visual Arts in Italy, and who is a memberof Artist Village.
- phD in Linguistics, oil painter captured by oil on canvas, and , a homage to the ordinary.
- Art History graduate of Nanyang University, one of the founder members of Modern Art Society, and an exponent of Modernism in the early days of Singapore Art through his action abstract paintings; he has been the President of the Federation of Art Societies.
Ho E Moi - printmaker and member of Printmaker Society.
- born 1937: NAFA 1956: realisticlandscape artist, works primarily in oil, previously the Parliamentary Secretary of the Arts, PAP MP, member of parliament from 1st to 8th assemblies, the principal of NAFA 1997-2002, his works of oil on canvas on local landscapes, bestowed a doctorate by the Wisconsin International University.
- painter and installation artist whose works deal with everyday objects, and the ideas of cleansing, sacrifice and renewal based on the Christian faith.
- born 1922: architect and pioneer artist whose works aim to achieve an 'impressionist' effect with 'human interest', known for his work
Ho See Kum - artist and art instructor and educator.
- an installation, multi-media and performance artist, one of the members of the team that created a site-specificinstallation at Blk 124 Kim Tian Place, member of WITAS.
- born 1976: artist explores the world of miniature spy cameras, narcissism,voyeurism, and formation of external mental models in , and is studying Creative Arts in Australia in 2002; produced a work on suicides in 2003; film-maker, writer, curator; takes part in Sao Paolo Biennale 2004, shows the Bohemian Rhapsody at Singapore Biennale 2006.
- shows Sang Nila Utama at Sao Paulo Biennele in 2004.
Ho Yee Ping - born 1934: scenery watercolorist, founder member of the Singapore Watercolor Society.
- born 1936: (Educational Psychology) Nanyang University, oil on canvas, Chinese ink painter.
- born 1967: Young Artistaward recipient mathematician-trained artist whose Chinese ink drawing-paintings employ strong play on classical perspective andline weights to create provocative architectural spaces, and who has exhibitedat Sao Paulo Biennale; works and were executed in Chinese ink.
Hou Hsi Ching - 1915 - 1996: born China, Chinese ink painter, participated in exhibitions in London, Moscow, Hong Kong, Singapore and Tokyo, solo show at the Singapore National Museum Art Gallery in 1987.
- born 1955 Shanghai: monochromatic, sparse abstract works on Chinese paper, sometimessprinkled with Chinese calligraphy characters, winner of the Painting of theYear Competition, represented by Plum Blossoms.
Huang Fong, aka Oei Ping Liang, aka Angin Kuning - born 1936 Genteng, Banyuwangi: one of the generation of painters of indigenous subjects and scenery, at least 10 solo shows.
HuangPao Fang - Chinese brush artist whose flower and stones are characterized byexpressive and forceful brushworks and an individualistic rough and loose style.
HuiYuet Heung - Chinese ink painting artist who graduated from the Nanyang Academyof Fine Arts.
- participates in the Fullerton Hotel show Pigments and Metaphors.
- Enigmatic Appearances.
Idris Bin Mohd Ali -artist who has participated in several local art shows.
Idris Mohd Ali - watercolorist-illustrator with landscape themes.
BibMe: Generate Modern Language Association 8th …
Some of the reluctant public continue to say ‘Abstract painters are sloppy, reckless, renegades with no regard for rules for formalities.’ It is in my opinion that abstract art is can be classed as art because it incorporates the basic concepts and techniques of art....
Goh Chye Khee - born 1956: artist who has had aone-man show at the de Art Gallery in Singapore.
Goh Eck Kheng - born 1955: ceramist whose works of bowl shaped objects have a pitted heavier texture, and are simple and utilitarian, involved in the making of ceramics since 1990 at the Sam Mui Kuang Pottery in Singapore the old dragon kiln, now demolished.
- born 1962:one of the trio of , art researcher and artist inspired by the wisdom of Buddhist philosophy; works have a strong graphical element.
Goh Ee Choo - brings the artist the jury's award in the finals of the Asean Art Awards.
- website: artist who has Buddha as his subjects in his Chinese-painting and mixed media works and who staged the show .
- details on his show.
Goh Lye Kiat - born 1944: watercolorist.
Goh Siew Guan - born 1942: watercolorist.
Goh Siew Ngee, Jane - Nanyang Academy graduate who paints black and white street scenes in 2003.
Goh Sze-Hui, Tamares -participated in APEX in 2002.
GohYau Kee - Chinese calligraphy artist who practices the running script.
- figure renditions, some works have received acclaims from local artshows.
- artist whose works of lines and tiles show his reflective approachto daily and artistic considerations; .
Gover Jane - Bachelor Art Education, Newcastle CAE; Masters Fine Arts RMIT, installation, collaborative community-based artist, who explores issues of Motherhood and emotive elements, participated in the 1993 5th Passage show.
- born 1972: website: studied art, photography, and feminism at University of Southern California: intense debate as to whether she is the most extreme feminist performance artist in new media or just an adult actress who has retired into web design practice.
Grace Kwa Yi Ru - showed at theshow, and studio is p-14A.
Grace Tan - artist showed at 2003.
Goethe’s Theory of Colors: The 1810 Treatise That …
BibMe: Generate APA advertisement, bible, blog / …
The term Abstract Expressionism was first applied to American art in 1946 by art critic Robert Coates.
Essay Writing Service From Vetted Writers - GradeMiners
Even then, for every figurative image of a bison, a reindeer or a bull, two abstract images were produced.
Painting Light: Exterior Glass | Visualizing Architecture
Some of the many concepts which fall under this category are painting, drawing, calligraphy, sculpture etc.
Degree Programs | Ohio University
- digital andanimation artist.
- well-traveled artist and recipient of a Shaffer Fellowship at Syracuse University where he trained in the Master of Fine Arts Printmaking program, creates at Esplanade, showed at Utterly Art.
- born 1983: NAFA 2004, showed at Chope-a-seat.
John Bullock - British educator and painter who was resident and active in Singapore during 1959-1963.
- Singaporean artist who employs photographic methods in his ouvre; he is based in New York.
- his show at Jendala in 2004.
- abstract artist who was active in the eighties in Singapore, featured in Singapore Artists Speak.
- works with installation and photography, pursuing a PhD in Art in Curtin in 2003; a lecturer at Nanyang Academy of Fine Arts.
- phD, main research field is the origin and development of visual representation and expression in early childhood, professor visual and performing arts at NIE.
John Tan - aceramist trained in art education.
John Tan Chor Yong - born 1933: NAFA alumni, and a trained lawyer whose students include Tommy Koh and Jayakumar, has held solo visual arts shows, and is primarily a jewelry designer currently.
- co-founder member of Modern Art Society in 1964.
- born 1941 Singapore: resident in Malaysia, painter and art educator whose color abstract works are displayed at the basement Ballroom foyer of Fullerton Hotel, represented by Shenns, trained at Hornsey College of Art, attended University of London, and Indiana University.
- website: multi-media artist who draws inspiration from architectural and dynamic natural systems, known for work .
Jonathan Chan - RMIT Masters of Fine Art, participates in in 2003.
Jonathan Yip - artist.
- born 1971: controversial performance artist who, at age 22, whipped tofu and snipped off his pubic hair in a show of artistic comment on the caning of homosexuals by the Singapore authority, reporting of the landmark performance on 1993 Dec 31,1994 New Year's Day, ironically, now reviewed by the authorities to be a prodigal son - talented nonetheless and able to contribute to the drive to make Singapore an art hub,
Josephjne Chang Min Li - graduate of the Camberwell College of theArts, who creates works based on religious icons.
Joshua Yang - born Malaysia: majored painting and drawing at University of Huddersfield and Masters in Fine Arts at LaSalle, Singapore-trained civil engineer, works explore objects at the verge of obsolescence.
"I have always been impressed by the quick turnaround and your thoroughness. Easily the most professional essay writing service on the web."
"Your assistance and the first class service is much appreciated. My essay reads so well and without your help I'm sure I would have been marked down again on grammar and syntax."
"Thanks again for your excellent work with my assignments. No doubts you're true experts at what you do and very approachable."
"Very professional, cheap and friendly service. Thanks for writing two important essays for me, I wouldn't have written it myself because of the tight deadline."
"Thanks for your cautious eye, attention to detail and overall superb service. Thanks to you, now I am confident that I can submit my term paper on time."
"Thank you for the GREAT work you have done. Just wanted to tell that I'm very happy with my essay and will get back with more assignments soon."